Saturday, November 28, 2015

EOS Ti Shark Pry Tool Review

The EOS Ti Shark pry tool is a sweet looking tool. These OPMTs that resemble animals seem to be quite popular at the moment. While it looks cool, it hasn’t been my favorite OPMT. It’s still a good tool, just not something I’ve enjoyed that much.



Tools
Bottle opener
Pry bar/screwdriver
Quarter inch wrench which can also be used with mini screwdriver bits

All these tools perform as they should. The screwdriver is on the end of the pry bar, so it’s too thick for most screws. The pry bar and bottle opener work well as expected. The wrench is not that useful. I haven’t found any sort of use for it plus it doesn’t hold screwdriver bits well as there’s nothing to keep them in place. I do wish the pry bar had a nail puller like the Gerber Shard, but that’s just a personal preference.

For its size, the toolset is not that impressive. It’s bigger than most OPMTs at 4” long by 1” wide, but has fewer tools. Most OPMTs are keychain-sized which makes them more convenient to carry. This added size has made it more difficult for me to carry. You’d think they’d be able to fit more tools on it, yet it only has the bare minimum. The tool is comfortable to hold in the hand during use. The extra length does come in handy for that, but that’s about the only benefit.

Quality
This is a very solid tool. It’s not that hard to make an OPMT, so there’s not many ways they could have messed this up. It’s made out of titanium as the name suggests. I got the anodized version, and I must say the anodizing looks pretty cool. This tool will definitely last you forever.

Carry
As I’ve started to talk about, this tool is bigger than tools like the Gerber Shard or Leatherman Brewzer. This extra size hurts the tool in my opinion. If it had more functionality, it would definitely be worth it. The Shark does have a pocket clip, which both the Shard and Brewzer lack. It’s kind of a weird clip though. It doesn’t carry anything like a knife or pen. It sits weirdly when clipped, and I don’t think I would actually carry it with this clip. The use of titanium keeps the tool pretty lightweight. As I mentioned earlier, the length is what makes it a pain to carry. You guys with bigger pockets would probably have better luck.

Price
I paid around $20 for the anodized version. I wouldn’t pay that much considering the Shard is $5 and works better. Sure this looks cooler, but you lose out on a lot of functionality.

Other
The shipping took forever. I paid for shipping and it didn’t actually ship until a week or so later. I think that’s unacceptable considering I had to actually pay for shipping. If it was free shipping, then that’d be a different story. It did come in a custom Ziploc bag with the company’s logo printed on it and a vinyl sticker so that was pretty neat. You can choose between the anodized or non-anodized version.

All in all, it’s a cool tool that lacks a lot of functionality. I don’t think it’s worth the money or the extra space in your pocket. It’s more of a collector piece than something for EDC use. It works as it should but doesn’t get my personal recommendation. The Gerber Shard is a much better tool at a less expensive price. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Which didn't find it in italy 😩😩😩😩😩 very nice molto tool

    ReplyDelete