Saturday, January 11, 2020

What I Watched: 2019

If you saw one of my recent posts, I did a wrap-up of what I read in 2019. I've watched a lot of good TV shows and movies and thought it'd be fun to do a similar wrap-up post for those. There's a decent bit of bad/mediocre things I saw, so I'll probably just stick to my favorites of 2019. Without further ado, let's start with TV shows.

My absolute favorite show that I saw this year was Atypical season 3. It follows the lives of a family where the son is on the autism spectrum and is going about his life as normally as possible. The parents have a lot of their own drama, and the sister is hilarious. I binged this over the course of a day and hope a fourth season happens. I never rewatch shows, but honestly I may end up rewatching the whole series this year. It's that good. There's a few other Netflix originals I enjoyed, like One Day At a Time season 3, The Punisher season 2, You season 1, Dead to Me season 1, Mindhunter season 2, and When They See Us. I'm also a sucker for true crime/cop shows and liked Brooklyn Nine-Nine season 3 and The People v. OJ Simpson season 1. Brooklyn Nine-Nine is one of my favorite comedies and is still a series I need to get caught up with. I own the first three seasons on DVD and want to get the rest soon to complete my collection. One Day At a Time is another hilarious family drama that unfortunately got canceled. Dead to Me was probably my second favorite of the year, which is a dark comedy that focuses on a widow trying to figure out who killed her husband in a hit and run. If you like comedies and crime-related shows, you can't go wrong with any of these.

As far as movies go, the one that pleasantly surprised me the most was Game Night. A group of adults attempt to have a murder mystery party that ends up taking a turn for the worse. There were lots of twists and turns and funny moments throughout. Knock Down The House is a documentary on Netflix that focuses on a group of women that ran for the House in the last election. It was a really neat look into politics and leaves me hopeful for the future. A few things I saw on Netflix were Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile and Let It Snow. The first one has Zac Efron perfectly playing Ted Bundy, and the second one is just a cheesy, feel-good Christmas movie that I ended up watching with my family. Spider-Man is my favorite superhero, and I was very impressed with Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. It was cool to see an animation style that was different than what animated movies are typically like. I also saw a few movies that were adapted from books, like Crazy Rich Asians, A Simple Favor, and The Hate U Give. All were well-done and entertaining to watch. Finally, I watched Halloween from 2018 and thought it was a great reboot of an already classic film.

That about wraps it up for some of the things I watched in 2019. Now that I'm finally done with school, I hope to catch up on some TV shows that I haven't gotten around to watching yet. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment