Friday, October 9, 2015

New Gear September 2015

(reused this picture from a previous post)

Sorry this is sort of late, but as you can expect, I've been busy with school and life in general. So this was all the gear I got in the month of September. I got all of this in a trade with Girl on the Edge, so be sure to check her out on YouTube. Since I already did one post about this stuff, I'll be giving my thoughts now that I've had the time to use them for a couple weeks. I haven't gotten a Zippo yet, but when I do I'll finally get a chance to try out the Thunderbird insert. 

I haven't enjoyed the Dragonfly as much as I thought I would. The pivot has a major issue, which prevents me from using it. I've debated sending it into Spyderco's warranty, but I don't really have any intention on keeping it. I'll keep you all updated if I decide to send it in. I've heard that Spyderco has great customer service, so maybe its time for me to test it out.

The Cold Steel Mini AK-47 isn't as well-suited for EDC as I thought it'd be. The ergonomics are extremely weird. Its comfortable in the hand, but I've found that my hand is way too far back on the knife. The G10 is also way too aggressive for my tastes. I don't carry this knife that much because it would tear up my pockets. It's a cool looking knife for sure though. I just don't think it will become part of my EDC rotation.

This gear has been a lot of fun to try. I don't think the knives will be in my collection much longer as I 'd like to try out more stuff. As soon as I get the reviews done for these, expect to see these up for trade or sale. Stay tuned for those! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment