Wednesday, July 25, 2018

My Favorite Albums/Artists/Bands of All Time

Hey everybody! I wanted to do this random post about some of my favorite albums, artists, and bands of all time. I'm pretty picky when it comes to music, so it's kind of rare for me to enjoy all or at least most of the songs on an album. I've actually found quite a few that I love to listen to all the way through. I also think I'll talk about some of my favorite artists/bands. My music tastes generally are all over place, but I do like pop and rock the most. I tend to like a lot of older songs more than some of the overly-produced trash that's popular today. I hate country and screamo music with a passion. Other than that, I'll give anything a listen. I generally like upbeat songs more than slower ones. I absolutely hate having to wait for like a minute for the artist to start singing any words. Sometimes I like longer instrumental intros, but few people can pull it off in my opinion. I'll be italicizing album titles and bolding song titles to differentiate from the rest of the text.

Okay so album wise, some of my all-time favorite albums would have the be Badlands - Halsey, The Hype - Hoodie Allen, Beautiful Trauma - P!nk, and Death Of A Bachelor - Panic! At The Disco. All are great and deserve a listen if you're looking for some new music. They're all relatively recent releases within the past couple years I believe. I've been a huge fan of Hoodie Allen for years now. He's a rapper that has more of a poppy sound. I used to be way more into rap when I was younger. Now there's very few rappers I can actually tolerate. The Hype is Hoodie Allen's most recent album and is probably one of my favorites of his. Some of my favorite songs off it are Believe, Ain't Ready, All My Friends, and MadPeople Keep Talking and Happy Camper are also great albums from him but each have some songs that I'm not a fan of. Badlands is one of the few physical CDs I have. This is still my favorite album from Halsey as I don't like a lot of newer stuff. Drive and Strange Love are two that I still love to listen to now. Beautiful Trauma is also P!nk's most recent album. I'd always heard her songs on the radio as a kid but that was about all the exposure I'd had to her. This album is probably the only one I've listened to fully, so I might have to go back and listen to some of her older stuff. There's a lot of different variety in all the songs. Some of my favorites are Beautiful Trauma, Better Life, Secrets, and But We Lost just to name a few. It's such a great album overall. Panic! At The Disco has always been pretty popular, but I didn't listen to much of their stuff until I got on Spotify. Death Of A Bachelor is still one that I'll jam out to when I'm doing homework or something. P!ATD is probably my favorite band at the moment. They've got such an interesting sound that works in upbeat and slower songs. I love every song on the album though LA Devotee, Victorious, Hallelujah, and Crazy=Genius are some of the top ones for me. If I had to pick my top favorite of all these albums, it'd have to be Death Of A Bachelor. It's that good.

I do have some honorable mentions for favorite albums that have a lot of good songs yet aren't perfect for me. Those would have to be Rainbow - Kesha, Electra Heart - Marina and the Diamonds, and Wiped Out! - The Neighborhood. I loved Kesha's music when I was in middle/high school and was excited that she started releasing music again after dealing with an abusive producer. There's a lot of powerful songs on Rainbow about her experiences with that. There's some interesting songs genre wise that I wasn't expecting her to do, like some countryish songs. Favorites would have to be Let 'Em Talk, Praying, and Learn To Let Go. Electra Heart is more poppy with some of my favorites being Primadonna, Homewrecker, and Power & Control. I'm not as into The Neighborhood as I used to be. Wiped Out! is another one of the few ones I own physically. Prey, Single, and R.I.P 2 My Youth are good ones of that album.

When it comes to my favorite artists and bands, like I mentioned earlier Hoodie Allen, P!nk, and Panic! At The Disco are some of my favorites. Another band that I've gotten way more into recently is Bleachers. They've got some awesome songs like, I Wanna Get Better, Rollercoaster, I Miss Those Days, and Don't Take The Money. I'm not generally a fan of live versions of any songs, yet their MTV Unplugged album is some of my favorite stuff from them. I found it on Spotify and am so happy it's on there. As far as some of the classics go, I'm a huge Queen, Journey, and Red Hot Chili Peppers fan. I've enjoyed their stuff over the past few years that I've gotten more into music. Three favorites from each are The Millionaire Waltz, Bohemian Rhapsody, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, of course Don't Stop Believin', Any Way You Want It, Faithfully, Can't Stop, Scar Tissue, and Californication.  Florence + The Machine, Bruno Mars, Aly & AJ, and Lady Gaga are just a few others that I've been into lately. I could go on and on but I'll stop here since this post is getting long enough. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment