Saturday, October 12, 2019

My Top 5 EDC Knives

Over the almost eight years that I've been into EDC gear, I've tried a whole lot of knives. It's taken me quite awhile to find ones I deem perfect. I thought it'd be fun to do a post about my top five EDC knives from my current collection. If I could only own five knives for the rest of my life, I'd be perfectly content with these.


Going from left to right: Spyderco Ladybug, CRKT Eros, Cold Steel Mini Tuff Lite, Kershaw Launch 4, and Ontario Rat 2. I did not order these from most to least favorite, but I will say I could easily pick my favorite two are the Ladybug and Rat 2. The other three could vary places based on what I'd be doing or my mood.


The Ladybug was my first real knife and is what I consider to be one of my most people friendly knives. I love the size, FRN handles, and of course that it comes in purple. The Eros is probably the best flipper I own right now, flipping smoothly, quietly, and quickly. I was surprised to like it as much as I have. Again, it's the perfect size to not scare anybody. The Mini Tuff Lite has great ergos and has the infamous, tough Tri-Ad lock. It has the shortest blade out of the bunch despite having a full four-finger handle (for me) with a clip. I love the neon green handles too. I haven't felt the need to buy anymore autos, because the Launch 4 is so perfect. Can you see the common theme here is small sizes and fun colors? Lastly, the Rat 2 is my favorite mid-sized knife. It beats every other mid-sized knife I've ever tried. It's the perfect price (only $30), is very compact, and has awesome action If you want more information on any of these, check out the Gear Thoughts tab. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Well I bought the RAT II on your recommendation. and I have it, OVER a SPYDERCO Native 5. The native 5 was a quality knife in every respect, short of alloy of steel, though.

    Still the Spyderco won't do anything better that the RAT II can do, and the RAT II will do it at less than a 3rd of the price, of the Spyderco.

    I traded the Spyderco for a Leatherman Wave+ a month ago, and carried the RAT II just yesterday in fact.

    So yep, I love a good RAT......

    ReplyDelete