Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Thrunite T01 Thoughts

The Thrunite T01 is an awesome light for the money. It puts out over 100 lumens of light for less than $10. I'd definitely recommend you pick one up as a backup or keychain light. This was the first Thrunite I've ever tried, and I'm impressed enough to try out more of their lights.


As always, the quality of this light is great! I love that we live in a time where you can get so much quality gear. I've had no issues with this light at all. This light is as solid as any light I've ever tried. The threads are very smooth.

The design of this light is super simple. There is knurling all over the body of the light that helps provide some extra grip. In a light this small, that's nice to have. The end of the light is flat, so you can tail stand this if you need to. It's a twisty light, and I've found that it's easy to use one or two-handed. There is a single mode on this flashlight. I really like that, because you don't have to fiddle around getting to the mode you want. I'm bummed it only comes in black, but it's not the end of the world.

The light itself puts out 125 lumens for 40 minutes. That's a pretty good output/runtime for the price. I'm sure there are better single AAA lights out there on the market, but I'm perfectly happy with this light's performance. The beam has a good tint to it as well.

Something else I should mention is the packaging of this light. Despite how inexpensive it is, this light came in a small metal tin with a few different keychain attachments. I thought that was pretty cool, considering most products under $10 just come in a clamshell or something.

All in all, this is a great light. I enjoy using it as a backup light. It'd be a great flashlight to give to your friends or family that are just getting into EDC. It's very comparable to the Olight i3E. I like the T01 output better, but the i3E better for the color options. I'll probably do some sort of comparison post eventually. You can't really go wrong with either. I'd highly recommend the T01. It's less than $10 on Amazon, so you might as well try it out. You can never have too many flashlights. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment