Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Guyot Designs SplashGuard Thoughts

I used to hate drinking out of the wide mouth Nalgenes. I'd always end up spilling water all over myself. I found out about this splash guard made by Guyot Designs and figured it was worth a try. It has solved all the problems I had with the wide mouth Nalgenes. If you're not going to read any further, definitely pick one up if you're not the biggest fan of the wide mouth Nalgene.


So this is basically just a silicone insert that you put in the mouth of a Nalgene. I'm not sure if this could fit in any other bottles. You can find them for less than $5, so it's not going to break the bank either. It's nothing fancy, but it works so well. Its sole purpose is to help restrict the flow of water, and it does extremely well at that.


I've been using it for a few months now, and I've had no problems. It's a BPA-free silicone that is very easy to clean and use. It holds well in the mouth of the water. I thought it might slip into the bottle, but it always stays firm. It doesn't get in the way of screwing the bottle open and closed. I love that they come in all sorts of different colors and designs. I like the little alien head on mine. Honestly that's about all there is to stay. I didn't know they were a thing at first, so hopefully this post at least helps expose you to them if you're like me and hate widemouth bottles. It's turned a bottle that I never thought I'd use into one that I use all the time. I highly recommend it for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment