Thursday, January 21, 2016

Parker Jotter Pen Review

The Parker Jotter is a pretty infamous pen in the EDC community. Everyone loves them, so I figured it was time I tried one out. I didn’t want to give in to the hype, but it deserves every bit of it. If you don’t read any further, I definitely recommend you pick one up. It’s a fantastic pen for the price. Here's a link to one on Amazon!


Quality
The quality of this pen is great. I’ve had no problems with mine at all. I’ve used it a lot for school, and it has held up well.



Writing Experience
The Jotter is very comfortable in the hand. I didn’t like the plastic grip initially, because of its slickness. I’ve grown to like it quite a bit. The lack of a grip area contributes to the slickness. Again, it’s not the grippiest pen in the world, but I haven’t had it slip out of my hand before. Since there is no grip area, it does look a lot classier and cleaner. The Parker refill writes pretty well, like your typical ballpoint pen. I was surprised that it came with a blue refill opposed to a black one. I didn’t have a nice pen with blue ink, so it worked out in the end. I have found that it tends to blot a lot, which is kind of annoying. What would you expect for a pen like this though?

Price
The Parker Jotter retails for around $10. That’s a great price for a pen of this quality. It’s a nice step up from those cheap Bic pens. I’d say it’s a good value for the price.

 


Other
The clicky is stiffer and a little louder than most clickys I’ve tried. It’s not a huge problem, but it is worth mentioning. It takes slightly more effort to click than most clicky pens as well. The arrow shaped clip is a nice touch. It looks cool while performing like a normal clip. It’s pretty sturdy, so I don’t think it would snap off over time like the cheap plastic clips. The materials are impressive for the price (stainless steel and the plastic grip area). These combine for a nice looking pen. They’re available in other colors, which is always nice to see. Mine is a limited edition coral color. It's so bright, definitely way brighter than the camera picks up. Both the pen and the refills are available in most office supply stores. The last thing I’d like to mention is that it’s super lightweight for a full-sized pen. This pen would disappear in the pocket if that’s how you’d choose to carry it. I keep mine in my bag during school.

All in all, for the price you can’t beat it. It’s an impressive pen that packs a lot of quality. For $10, you might as well try it out to see if you like it. You can never have too many good pens. It will last you forever, and it won’t even break the bank. Definitely give it a look! If you'd like to check it out on Amazon, here is a link! Thanks for watching!

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree about the Parker quality in writing and price tag, you get a lot for less. I also found the same color a couple of months ago and I found it incredibly attractive and it costed me also 10 euro, what actually was a steal because in Europe for those specila colors we pay almost double the price. I am a pen collector since years and I Always search the best pens. I also have two Parker Sonnet, the small version, all metal lacquered with gold accents, they are stunning. I also have a modest collection of fountain pens, between them a Parker 21 and a 61, also great. I was taking a look at your feedback about the Hinderer and I thought just the same, it's ridicoulous to pay between the 70 and the 300 euro to receive a pen who's not worth for what it is. I have a Karas Render K but that one costed me 58 euro, stainless steel, with a Schmidt refill and I have three options of refills, Parker, Pilot or Fisher. Karas comes also in a plastic Zipbag but, I purchased it from Le Comptoire Americain, where they have only american made products and they sent me the pen in their own white Muslin pouch, which was not bad as packaging. I also have an Embassy Pen from County comm that only carries Fisher but, the size of the pen justifies also the 45 euro paid. It's comfy, you can write with it for long time without efforts, it's secure when closed and that edition didn't need any o-ring seal at all. It's also not a problem to carry with you anywhere because it's not really a tactical pen so you can also carry it on a plane without the risk that they would not allow it a the check in control, also the Karas is even safe at this point. I have also a very beautiful pen in my collection, the Tornado Lincoln from Retro 51, all copper, what a beauty! It's really worth any cent, only costed me 35 euro and it came in a velvet pouch inside a cilinder retro packaging, all in a branded carton box. Kaweco too send his pens in metal tins, like my Liliput brass. I don't understand why Hinderer an Karas chose for those lousy plastic bags. They probably thought to reduce the shipping costs on weight or, also probably just a statement for the environment by producing less materials that will end up as garbage. I also like to have my pens in a box, especially to preserve them when not in use.
    I believe you will have now headache from reading my post...
    A big hug from Belgium, Ally!
    Rosario

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang! Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to you. Believe me, your post definitely wasn't too long. I really enjoyed hearing about the different pens you've tried. It's interesting to hear about the price variations overseas. At least you were able to grab the special color Jotter for a decent price. I've heard a lot of good things about the brand Karas. Their products interest me, but the prices are what's keeping me away from them. I'd like to do more posts on pens in the future, so thank you for introducing me to more pens that are out there. I also want to thank you for looking at this blog! It means a lot to me for sure! Thanks for your support all the way from Belgium! That's so cool!

      Ally

      Delete