Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Benchmade Blue Lube Thoughts


put a little on this blade so you all could get a better idea of what it looks like out of the bottle

This Benchmade Blue Lube is the one and only knife lubricant I've ever tried. I don't think I'll try a different one for the sole reason that this one has been absolutely awesome. If it ain't broke don't fix it, right? I don't know much about all the lubricants out there. I didn't even know that they were that necessary until I was a year or two into collecting knives. Everyone needs some kind of lubricant for their knives. It helps keep them in tip top order and improves the blade's action as well. 

I've used this Blue Lube on several of my blades, and the results have been great. It smooths them right up, way smoother than they came from the factory. I can't really describe the difference it's made to my blades, but it has definitely made them much better. I was really impressed by how it worked on my Ladybug and ZT 0566. Both are so so smooth right now.

This stuff is blue and not that thick. The tip of the bottle isn't that precise like some lubricants I've seen, but it is still easy to get the lube in the pivot area of your blade. The cap stays on pretty well, and it takes a little bit of effort to get the lube out, so you know it won't come out unless you want it to. It smells perfectly fine too, which is always a plus. I don't know all the technical ways to explain this stuff, but take my word, this stuff is awesome.

I don't know whether it's the best on the market or not. However, it has blown me away, and I will continue to use it. I've had this 1.25 fluid ounce bottle for a year or two now, and I still have pretty much the whole bottle left. You don't even have to use that much or use it that frequently, so it can last you quite a while. It is a little pricey at $8 for the bottle, but I highly recommend it. It's well worth that. Never thought I'd write a post on a knife lube, but this stuff is too great to not talk about. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment