Sunday, July 26, 2015

Cold Steel Mini Tuff Lite Thoughts

The Cold Steel Mini Tuff Lite is one of Cold Steel's smaller knife offerings. I didn't expect it to be that great, but boy was I wrong. This is an awesome knife for everyday carry and one that I love a lot. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a small knife.






Specifications
Overall length: 5”
Blade length: 2” but cutting edge is only 1.3”
Handle length: 3”
Weight: 1.7 oz.
Blade steel: AUS-8A

Likes
  • Small. It would be a great secondary or people-friendly knife.
  • Great quality. I've experienced no problems with mine.
  • Very affordable. $25 is a perfect price for this blade.
  • Comes in different colors. The green is very bright and vibrant. If green isn't your thing, you can get it in orange, pink, or black. I do believe they recently discontinued the colored versions, which is a real shame.
  • Ergonomics are fantastic. The choil is a great design choice. I can fit a full 4 finger grip.
  • Jimping is pretty good. It’s a little too far apart, but it still provides added grip.
  • Design looks cool and functions extremely well for EDC. I love the wharncliffe blade.
  • Handles are just an FRN type material, but they feel very nice. They have some texturing to them.
  • Clip carries well. I wasn’t a fan of the tip-down only at first, but I’ve gotten used to it now.
  • Thumb hole is easy to use
  • Tri-ad lock is great. It’s super strong and durable.
Dislikes
  • Tip-down only is a minor annoyance. It’s something that you just have to get used to.
  • Tri-ad lock was very difficult to disengage when I first got it. It has broken in now though.
This is a great knife for the money. I didn’t expect much from it, but it has easily become one of my favorites. I definitely recommend you go pick one up. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment