Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Spyderco Ladybug Thoughts

The Spyderco Ladybug is a great, keychain-sized blade. I've had mine for years now, and it's my most carried blade in my collection. If you're not going to read any further, definitely go pick one up.






Specifications
Overall length- 4.375”
Blade length- 1.938”
Handle length- 2.438”
Weight- 0.6 oz
Blade steel- VG-10

Likes
  • Great quality. Spyderco's fit and finish always impresses me.
  • Perfect size. It’s not so small that it’s unusable, but it’s not too big to make it a pain to carry. It can go on a keychain, loose in the pocket, etc. You can easily forget that you even have it on you.
  • Super sharp and easy to sharpen. I like Spyderco's VG-10 a lot.
  • FRN feels good in the hand and is very grippy. There’s also jimping all around the knife which is nice.
  • Ergonomics are fantastic for a knife this small. I can easily and comfortably fit a three finger grip.
  • Spyder hole is easy to use. It’s by far my favorite opening mechanism.
  • Extremely lightweight
  • Non-threatening. No one is ever scared when I pull this blade out. Most people actually find it cute.
  • Comes in tons of different colors and steel variations. There’s also the Manbug, which is a beefier version of the Ladybug.
Dislikes
  • I will admit the price sounds a little steep for what you’re getting, but once you get one in your hands, it’s totally worth it.
  • Mine has a noticeable amount of play, up and down/side to side. That seems to be a common theme among Spyderco's FRN lockback blades. It’s not unsafe or anything, but it is something that I’ve noticed so I thought I’d mention it.
All in all, I’d highly recommend you pick up this blade. Design wise, it’s the perfect knife in my eyes. I carry mine with me every day, and it’s never once failed me. This thing can handle things from cutting opening packages to breaking down cardboard boxes. I wouldn’t use it for anything too extreme, but it’s great for your light everyday tasks. Definitely pick one up. I think everyone needs one of these in their collections. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment