Monday, July 10, 2017

CamelBak Podium Big Chill Water Bottle Thoughts

I picked up this CamelBak before I went off to college. I used it throughout the year, and I'd have to say it's not one of my favorite bottles. I'm not the biggest fan of the mouth, and I have had issues with it leaking.


Build quality seems to be pretty good. I carried it a fair bit, and it's still in good shape. It's made of a more flexible plastic. It feels nice in the hand. I have had issues with this bottle leaking where the cap screws onto the bottle. It only happens every so often, so it could be something that I'm doing.

I do like the fact that the cap has a lock on it. This is more of a squirt, sport type of bottle, so if it didn't have that lock, water would come out if the bottle got squeezed. The lock does function perfectly well. You just have to twist near the mouth, and it easily locks/unlocks. I don't like how the mouth is exposed. Obviously that's the point of these sport type bottles, but for daily use, I've found they aren't the best. If you were to accidentally drop this bottle or hit it against something, the mouth could get covered with gross crap. I like this bottle for when I'm doing athletic things or want quick access to my water on a long drive or something. I have heard that people have issues with the mouth collecting mold over time. I haven't had that issue yet, but I could see it happening. It's a huge pain to clean the mouth, so if you don't do it frequently, there could be problems over time.

This bottle holds 25 ounces of water. That's a nice capacity for daily use. I do find myself needing to refill this bottle more often, as I always seem to drink more with these sport bottles since they dispense water easier. Also, this is an insulated bottle. It does keep water cold for a few hours, but nothing that impressive in my opinion. It doesn't sweat that much like non-insulated bottles would. These come in all sorts of different colors and sizes too, which is nice.

I do like this bottle for sporty stuff, but that's about it. I wouldn't want to use it daily as my EDC bottle. It has potential, but honestly, it has too many issues for me to overlook. If you're a fan of CamelBak, check it out. Otherwise, I'd go with a Nalgene or Klean Kanteen. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment