Monday, September 7, 2015

New Gear August 2015

I wanted to get this post up on the last day of August, but oh well, guess it's better late than never. August was a good month as far as new gear goes. I wanted to make some upgrades to my EDC and was able to pick up some cool stuff. I'm happy with the majority of the purchases I made. The photo above is missing one thing, which was the Cantu Bruner Designs Bullet pen. I didn't like it that much, so I sold it and forgot to take a group photo of everything new before I shipped it off. It just wasn't really the pen for me. It was cool and all, but it wasn't comfortable to write with whatsoever.

I got a really sweet Wenger EvoGrip 11 from a good friend of mine. Thanks a ton to her! I've never owned a Wenger before, so it's interesting to compare the tools to Victorinox's. It's a real shame that Wengers aren't being produced anymore, because it's a great company. I know Victorinox turned some of the Wenger models into Victorinoxs, so maybe I'll have to try some of those out.

Everything else in the photo was picked up from Amazon. I got the Pelican 1010 case to use for an EDC kit, but it's not going to work out well for that. It's great quality and all, just not what I was expecting. The Fenix E05 flashlight has really impressed me. I'm not a flashlight person at all, but I do see the use in having a nice one now. It's been working out quite nicely so far. The pen I picked up is a Parker Jotter. Everyone always talks about these, and I figured it was time I tried one out. I wasn't a fan of it initially, but after using it, I've come to like it a lot. It writes nicely, and I love the color of it. I picked up a pack of Moleskine Volant Extra Small notebooks to go along with the Jotter. They weren't exactly what I was expecting, but I think they'll work out well in the end. They're purple, so that's always a plus. Lastly, the most surprising purchase was the Spyderco Endura. I tried one a while ago and really enjoyed it. I wanted to get one of the FFG ones in purple FRN and finally did. It's a fantastic knife for sure. I wanted a big knife that would work well in my carry. I think this will fit my needs perfectly. It's definitely bigger than most things I carry, but it's so slim and lightweight that it's not even noticeable. That was probably my favorite purchase of the month. 

I don't think I'll go this crazy in any of the next few months. With these additions, my carry is pretty close to perfect. I may buy one more knife in September, but that should be it for now. I'll make the next update at the end of this month if I do get something new. Thanks for looking! Stay tuned for videos on some of this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment