Monday, July 24, 2017

What EDC Gear I'm Bringing To College #2

I start my second year of college in a little more than a month, so I've started figuring out what EDC gear I'll be bringing. My situation is a lot better this year, as I'm living in an apartment off-campus in my own room. I don't have to deal with sharing my room directly with a roommate, so I feel a lot better about bringing more of my gear. I'm pretty much bringing my entire collection with me, because why not. Here's a general overview of all the stuff I'm bringing. It's definitely overkill, but I'd rather have all my gear with me so I can keeping doing videos.


These are the two ways I'll be storing my gear. The Pelican 1120 case is how I've been storing the majority of my gear. I took out the foam insert and just throw all my gear loose in the case. I've also got my EDC pouch, which holds the few things I need every day.


These are the odds and ends that I'm bringing. The Zippo is cool, so I figured I'd bring it with me. I don't think I'll get a lot of use out of it, but it'll be fun to play with. I've also got a Res-q-me, which I really need to put in my car. I'm bringing along a pair of scissors, my screwdriver to fix my knives, and the Spyderco Sharpmaker rods for sharpening.


Pen wise, these are the pens I've had in the 1120 for a while now. From left to right, I'm bringing the Parker Jotter, two Zebra 301s, Fisher Cap-o-matic, Pilot Metropolitan, and Fisher Bullet space pen.


Here are all the flashlights I'm bringing. I've got the headlamp I bought from Amazon, Spotlight Speck, FourSevens Preon P1, Olight i3E, Thrunite T01, and Nitecore Tube. It'll be nice to have access to a solid rotation of flashlights again. If I'm being honest though, I'll probably just carry the Preon P1 all the time. Dang it. I also forgot to include my FourSevens Preon P2 in this. It's in my school bag right now, but I'll have that as well.


And last but not least, the most exciting part, the knives. This is pretty much my whole knife collection at the moment. The two fixed blades I'm bringing are the Esee Izula and Mora Eldris. I'm hoping to do a lot more hiking/camping, so I should get a lot of use out of these. Multitool wise, I'm bringing the Wenger S11 (don't know if this is the exact name or not), Victorinox Alox Bantam, Leatherman Squirt P4, Victorinox Classic, and the Gerber Shard. Onto the knives, I'll have the Boker Subcom, Spyderco Cricket, Spyderco Ladybug, Kershaw Cinder, CRKT Jettison, Cold Steel Mini Tuff Lite, and Kershaw Launch 4. 


That's everything. This is how everything looks when it's stored in the case. Some of this could change between now and the end of August. If anything, I might buy a few things, but there shouldn't be any drastic changes. I still will be uploading videos and posts while I'm in school, so stay tuned for that. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment