Monday, September 4, 2017

SOG Snarl Thoughts

I've absolutely hated carrying and using the SOG Snarl. I think it's a terrible option for EDC usage. I've still yet to find any decent, small fixed blades for my EDC. The Snarl is an awful knife all around. This will be a pretty short post, as I just want to say my major issues with this knife.


My biggest issue with the Snarl is how chunky and hefty it is. I'd never want to carry something with a blade that is this thick. I don't think it needs to be this overbuilt of a knife. With the added thickness of the knife, the knife is insanely heavy as well. It's not something I'd want to carry in the waistband for an extended period of time.


My next biggest issue is the ergonomics. They are absolutely terrible. I have yet to find a single comfortable way to hold this knife. I've tried using the handle without the holes, strictly the holes, and a combination of on the handle and in the holes. Nothing feels good at all. It's an incredibly awkward knife to use. The ergos alone make this knife unusable for me.


I will say there is one thing I like about this knife, and that is the sheath. It's a solid plastic sheath with a belt clip. Most sheaths don't come with a belt clip already attached, so that's a really nice touch. I like that it's a clip opposed to a loop, because I don't wear a belt that often. I can easily clip this to my pants and be good to go. One gripe about the sheath though is that it can only be carried horizontally. I don't have a wide frame like all you dudes, so carrying this horizontally makes this knife jut off of me a fair bit. I wish SOG had given the option to carry it vertically as well. I also dig the wharncliffe blade. It's a great blade shape for EDC tasks.

All in all, this knife is not worth your time or money. It's a piece of garbage, and one that I do not recommend at all. I don't understand how Brous blades are so popular. I've got a video coming soon that'll go a little more in-depth than this post. Thanks for looking! Sorry this was so short.

No comments:

Post a Comment