Saturday, November 11, 2017

FourSevens New Preon P1 First Impressions



I managed to pick up this FourSevens new Preon P1 for $12 during a sale FourSevens was having. I love my classic P1 so much that I knew I'd eventually pick up the upgraded model. I did get the opportunity to try a new Preon P2 at the beginning of the year and liked the design changes overall. I still prefer the look of the classic Preons, but the upgraded ones have their own appeal. 

So the two biggest differences between the classic and new P1 is the grooves and the inclusion of the clicky. The grooves feel pretty cool and aren't as noticeable as you'd expect. I absolutely love to have clicky lights in my EDC, so I'm happy the new P1 has one. It does have the temporary on, which I do like. It'll be interesting to see if it's easy to accidentally turn on. I know that was a huge complaint with the clicky on the classic Preon P2. 

The clip seems a little too big to me. I love the blue! It's not as vibrant as the classic, yet it still looks very nice. FourSevens has implemented different configuration levels on all their newer lights. It's a pain the butt to switch the modes, but I did get mine set up the way I wanted. The default mode is High/Low, and I ended up changing mine to Low/Medium/High/Strobe. I will say it wasn't as annoying to change as the twisty Mini Mk. II I had. At least now I won't have to change it again. The output seems to be pretty good. I think max output is 100 lumens, which is pretty typical for a AAA light. It'll be fun to carry it, and see how it compares to the classic. I'll definitely get up a comparison post once I've carried it enough. Stay tuned for more posts on it in the future. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment