Saturday, January 12, 2019

My College EDC Bag 2018

During the semester, my backpack is how I end up carrying my EDC. I got fed up with my old backpack, the Osprey Nova, and finally got a must needed upgrade at the beginning of the fall semester. I decided on the Jansport Recruit since I've had a lot of luck with their bags in the past. I got it in a nice burgundy which I'm really digging. It's held up well so far and is much more comfortable than the Osprey. The organization is not as good in the Jansport, but I'll trade that for a more comfortable pack. I do a lot of walking around campus and have to carry a lot to last me throughout the day so comfort has become the number one priority for me. 


Here's the outside of the bag. I do always have a water bottle with me. In this case, it's a Klean Kanteen. It's one of my go-to bottles along with a Hydroflask. 


In the laptop compartment on the back of the bag, I keep the bulk of my actual school stuff. My laptop is on the left and a folder for handouts/paper for notes is on the right. These get used probably more than anything else in the bag since I'm class the majority of the week.


In the main compartment, all I keep is my lunchbox. The Klean Kanteen make another appearance since this is my food/drink related stuff. The main compartment lacks any sort of organization (hopefully I can show that in a video soon), so it usually is just a dump pocket for random things I might need. For instance, I'll sometimes throw my jacket, scarf, and gloves in the main compartment if I'm not using them. 


This is the front pocket which holds all of my smaller things. I keep really boring things in here, like pens, pencils, erasers, chargers, hand sanitizer, post-it notes, Benadryl allergy pills, some candy, etc. My pepper spray also sits in this pocket and then gets transferred to my jacket pocket if I want it on my person. This pocket has the only organization in the whole bag. I don't necessarily like how I everything organized at the moment, but there's not many other options. I like the mesh pocket and wish Jansport had done something like that in the main compartment. 


There's a few other smaller pockets, but it was hard to get decent photos. I'm hoping to get a video up of the bag and my loadout at some point. I've slimmed down the contents a lot over the past semester to help reduce the weight. I'll throw my EDC pouch in the front pocket if I think I might need it, though more often than not, I've been leaving it behind. I'm never completely knifeless, as I have a Victorinox Classic on my keys which is about all I'd need on a daily basis. I do need to add a backup flashlight to the bag. So yeah, not the most exciting loadout, yet I think I finally found a setup that will work for my last couple semesters. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment