Saturday, April 28, 2018

My Victorinox Collection

Hey everybody! So today I wanted to share how my little Victorinox collection is growing. I've really gotten into Victorinoxes more over the past year or so. I use at least one every single day, mainly the Classic, but some of the other ones get a lot more use in the kitchen to cut up vegetables or open cans. Victorinoxes are so versatile and don't scare people at all. I've grown to appreciate them so much more in my carry compared to when I was first starting out. If you somehow don't own any, you need to go pick some up.


I've currently got six Victorinoxes in my collection. I also do have a Wenger that I probably should have included in this post but figured I'd just stick with straight up Victorinoxes. I by far love the 58mm models the most. You all know I absolutely love small, keychain-sized gear. The 58mm models are more than big enough for basic EDC tasks. I use mine all the time. My favorite Victorinox is the Classic. I've got one in the plastic scales and another in purple Alox. It's got all the bare essentials you'd need in an EDC tool. I use the scissors and the tweezers the most. Victorinox has hands-down the best scissors in any multitools. Leatherman scissors don't come anywhere near Victorinoxes. Alox is awesome too! I don't typically like metal handles, but the texture of the Alox is awesome.The red Alox one is the Minichamp. I still haven't carried this one much yet. I love how many tools it's able to fit in such a small package. I'm looking forward to carry it more this summer. 

Now let's get onto some of the slightly bigger ones. The blue one is the Pioneer. I like it a lot more than the Cadet. The awl is such an underrated tool. It's been the main multitool that I've been carrying the past few months. I'm way more impressed with it than I thought I would be. The silver one is the Bantam. It's just got the blade and bottle opener/screwdriver. This is the knife I'll use to cut up vegetables. Victorinoxes have such thin and sharp blades that cut extremely well. I'm not exactly sure what model the camoflague one is. I really like that it has a locking blade. I keep this one in my hiking bag most of the time. These are all great options for EDC. I've enjoyed carrying and using them all. I'm going to try to get at least a post of the Pioneer and the Minichamp over the summer. I've tried most of the Victorinoxes that I've wanted to, but I am intrigued in the Evolution models. Maybe you'll see one of those on the blog in the future. Thanks for looking! I hope you enjoyed it!

2 comments:

  1. Great post as usual,i am ashamed to say that right now i dont own any Victorinox,i had the biggest one,dont remember the name,champ?...well...no matter,but i have somehow managed to lose it :-(...so..i will definitely start looking into some again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, other than the "Recruit", I sent you, I have a Victorinox "Farmer" (my all time favorite,that I'd carry to hell and back, and my EDC when not at work);

    a Every Day SD in Red, Ingersoll-Rand promotional, and USAF Air Force editions, an absolutely fabulous key chain knife if their every was one;

    a "Barley Corn" stainless steel, pen knife with pen knife and Scissors only. A very expensive knife I got for $3 dollars from a TSA sale;

    A Electrician for I'm a formerly trained industrial electrician;

    The One Hand "Trekker" fine edge, that the serrated edition is now the official service knife of the Swiss, German, and as of July of last year, the US military services!!!!!;

    I have a "Huntsman";

    I have two Wenger made one, One is the old style "trekker" (I'll have to do some research to find the exact model);

    And a oak scaled Eddie Bauer limited edition promotional knife (the drawer queen).

    So just a few, and I want to find a "Tinker" to have MacGyver's knife, from the show I loved as a kid.

    The basic "Pioneer" like I mentioned in my Blog entry, and yours, and the "Farmer" that has but one more tool (woodsaw), are my "go anywhere in the world choices". 125 year old "pattern" that bridges from the 19th into the 21st century, and it's still one of the best you can carry, IMHO.

    I have several Leatherman tools, but their "Special Mission Profile Only" carry, due to weight, and bulk. SAK still rules the roost for me.

    ReplyDelete