Wednesday, April 11, 2018

My Flashlight Collection Update April 2018

I somewhat recently did a video on my current EDC flashlight collection. I don't think I've done an individual post about all my flashlights in a while, so I figured this would be a fun post to do. I've really gotten more into flashlights in the past year or so. I've found quite a few perfect ones that I'd always like to keep in my collection.



The only headlamp I own is a cheap one I found on Amazon. It doesn't have a specific name and isn't made by a big name brand. I honestly didn't think I'd get much use out of it in my EDC, but it's such a useful tool. If you don't own a headlamp already, you need to pick one up for sure. I use mine a lot in my room at night when I want to read without turning my main light on. It's good for all those times when you need some hands-free lighting. Mine is comfortable to wear, was less than $20, has a good output, has a red light mode, and so many other positives. I need to get my review of it up soon. I highly recommend it.

Now for the flashlights, I'll name them all first and then talk a little bit about each. So from left to right in the second photo, I have a FourSevens Classic Preon P2, Coast G10, Singfire SF-348, FourSevens Upgraded Preon P1, Foursevens Classic Preon P1, Thrunite T01, Olight i3E, Spotlight Speck, and a Nitecore Tube. If you've watched my videos or read my posts before, you've heard how much I love the Preons. I did a post about my love for the classic Preons (linked here), and I've got individual reviews up on most of them, along with the other lights, in my Gear Thoughts tab. The classic Preons aren't the best output-wise, but they're by far my favorite flashlight design of all time. It's a simple and sleek design that just works for EDC. The Coast G10 is one I've had for years now that I got for free somewhere. It's kept in my hiking bag as a backup, so it doesn't get much use in my carry anymore. It's not the brightest in the world, and the tint isn't the greatest. It has held up extremely well as far as quality goes. I wouldn't be opposed to trying more Coast lights in the future. Next up, the Singfire SF-348 is one I've haven't used too much yet. I like the simple design, and you can find them pretty cheap (less than $20 on Amazon). The tint and quality are surprisingly good too. I need to carry it some more, because it's definitely an interesting light. The Thrunite T01 and Olight i3E are both very similar. They're around $10, have a single mode around 100 lumens give or take, and are a nice size for a keychain. I prefer the Olight, mostly because of the fact that it comes in purple. It's actually the first light I ever decided to keep on my keychain, so that's something. I recommend either one as a light to give people just getting into EDC or to friends/family. The little tiny red one is a Spotlight Speck. This is my only button cell battery flashlight at the moment. It's very similar to the Streamlight Nano, but I actually prefer this Speck to the Nano. It's easier to turn on and off, since the whole body twists instead of just the head on the Nano. The tint is more purplish, but what else would you expect on a cheap light like this. I know I've heard that people like to put it on their zipper pulls, which is a neat idea. I don't use it much anymore, though it's still in my collection because of how tiny/cute it is. Last but not least is the Nitecore Tube. This is one of my favorite lights. I love the whole rechargeable keychain light concept. The clicky button works so much better than a twisty light, and the price is great. If you're debating between picking up any of these lights, the Tube is the one I'd recommend the most besides the Preons which are kind of hard to find now.

So there you have it. There's my current flashlight collection. There's a few more I'd like to try this year, but that probably won't happen until the summertime at the earliest. I've gotten a much greater appreciation for flashlights as my EDC has progressed over the years. At this point in my life, I probably end up using them more often than my knives. Thanks for looking! I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment