Saturday, January 27, 2018

Gear I'd Like To Try In 2018

I don't think I've done a post about what gear I'd like to try in a while. I like to do these every so often to let you all know what you may see on the channel, and also to hear your thoughts about any of the things before I buy them. I of course have never tried any of the following things, but maybe some of you all have. It'll probably be a while before I pick any of this gear up, as I just got hit with all my textbook purchases. Some of these are a greater priority than others. There's probably tons of other things I'd like to try in 2018. This is the short list of the main things that have caught my eye. All of the photos are from BladeHQ (link here) by the way. They're my favorite site to look at to research new gear.


The knife I'm most excited to try this year is surprisingly the Boker Kalashnikov. They recently came out with these in some new colors, and you all know how much I love my colorful gear. I love my Kershaw Launch 4, so it'd be cool to try another auto. I'm thinking this will be the first thing I buy from this list.


I want to make flashlights a greater priority this year. I haven't tried a Fenix in a while, so this UC02 looks intriguing. I mostly just dig that it's kind of purple and rechargeable. It's only $25 too.


The CRKT Pilar has been very hyped up the past few months. I mostly want to give it a try to see how it compares to the Squid. The Squid was an utter piece of garbage, and I'd like to see if the Pilar is just as overhyped.


This year I'd also like to work my way through some of the older Spyderco models that intrigue me. The Roadie is a smaller slipjoint from them. I like all the color options, so this one will probably happen sometime this year.


The last thing I'd definitely like to try this year is the Spyderco Squarehead. I'm thinking I'll pick it up in the newer gray FRN. I don't like titanium handles, so the FRN should be better for me, plus it's a little cheaper. With this knife, I'd mostly like to see how usable it is. The form factor seems odd, but I do like the fact that it's so small and slim.

That's about it for the gear wishlist. Hopefully expect to see all of these things over the course of 2018. If you've tried any of these things, please let me know what you thought of them. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. You should look into the skyline fixed blade it's nice I bought mine at blade HQ haven't had time to really get out and test it yet but I haven't found any hot spots or real issues with it other than it doesn't come with a belt attachment system I had to pull one off of my back up defensive knife to carry it around 😱😭💢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds neat! I always have wanted to try a skyline, and getting it in a fixed blade sounds even better. I'll have to add it to my list. thanks for commenting!

      Delete