Wednesday, April 17, 2019

My College Gaming Setup

Besides knives/EDC, one of my other main hobbies is playing video games. I mostly do handheld console gaming, like on the Nintendo Switch/3DS, but I also have a PS4 I play quite a bit. Last year I did a video of my setup at college and figured I'd do an update post since I moved to a different apartment.


My whole setup takes up the top two shelves of a taller bookcase. My TV isn't anything fancy, just a tiny Insignia TV that's probably 19". I sit pretty close to the TV when I'm gaming anyways due to how I've set up my room, so I don't mind the smaller size. Once I graduate, I'll probably upgrade to a real 50"+ TV. 

In front of the TV is a newer addition to my setup, the NES Classic. I've wanted one ever since they came out and was lucky enough to finally get one for Christmas. I hate how hard Nintendo made it to find these when they were originally released. It has all sorts of classic games, but my favorites are probably Kirby's Adventure, any of the Mario games, and Excitebike. It's a great deal for all the games you get. I definitely recommend it!

The second shelf just has my PS4, two remotes on a charging stand, and a bluetooth speaker. I sometimes use the speaker to listen to music as I'm gaming. Mostly I just like that it adds a pop of color to an otherwise boring black shelf. My favorite PS4 game at the moment is Spider-Man. I played it most of my winter break and loved the graphics and story mode. It's so fun to go swinging around the city. The amount of detail the designers put into it is crazy. That's it for this one. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment