Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Quick Impressions: Illumn Stainless Steel Micro Keychain Pen

I've been going through old blog post drafts recently and found that I never finished this one. I suppose it's better late than never. Last summer, I ordered a Valiant Concepts keychain pen from Illumn, and they accidentally sent out this pen instead. Since I had the chance to handle it for a day while I waited to get the information to return it, I thought I'd give my very brief impressions on it. It isn't listed on their website at all which confuses me. If they have these on hand, I don't see why they wouldn't want to sell them. I believe it's just called the Illumn Micro Keychain Pen. I wouldn't recommend trying to track it down. I much prefer the Valiant Concepts pen.


As you can see below, it's a slightly different design than the Valiant Concepts pen. Instead of being completely straight, it gets a bit wider towards the front grip section. You'd think that would make it more comfortable in the hand, but I still prefer the Valiant Concepts one. Something about the Illumn pen looks and feels off to me personally. I don't like that circular ring in the middle of the pen. Oh and the quality was great too.


It wrote as it should and uses the same refill as the Valiant Concepts pen. It's pretty much the same concept, where you twist the body to get the pen exposed, just with a different design. I have no clue how much they went for since I can't seem to find them listed anywhere. I'd still recommend the Valiant Concepts keychain pen if you want a tinier pen that is comfortable to write with. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment