Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Boker DW-1 and DW-2 First Impressions

I recently saw these two Bokers in the new section of GP Knives. I normally try not to impulse buy gear, but these looked too cool to pass up. I love that more knife companies are making small knives.



These knives are very small. They're comparable in size to the Ladybug. I was surprised to see how small they actually are. The DW-1 is the one on the bottom, and the DW-2 is on the top. I don't know the specifications at the moment, so just look them up if you're interested. I'm going to try to get up a review on both sometime in the next month or so.

I feel that the DW-1 is sort of like the Spyderco Bug. It is almost too small to actually be useful. It's a fully functioning knife, but it just seems to be too small. It's pretty much impossible for me to open one-handed. I can fit one or two fingers comfortably on the handle. The ergos are surprisingly decent considering how tiny this knife is. I think this one will be more of a novelty piece for my collection.

The DW-2 is definitely something I could see myself carrying. It is like a better quality version of the Keycom to me. It's pretty easy to open one-handed. The ergos are great. I can fit three fingers on the handle. The jimping is actually pretty effective too. It's definitely going to give my Ladybug some competition.

The quality of both is very impressive. I don't usually have the best luck with Bokers qualtiy wise, but both are what you'd expect. Lockup is pretty solid, and there don't seem to be any issues as of now. The steel, AUS-8, isn't anything fancy. Luckily, they both come decently sharp. Both are framelocks and have clips. The handles are just plastic, but they feel pretty nice in the hand. I do wish they weren't black, because it's nice to have colorful knives. 

I'll keep you all updated on how I like both. They seem pretty nice considering they were under $20 each. I believe the DW-2 is around $19 and the DW-1 is around $16. I think these are going to be great options for backup or keychain knives. Expect reviews sometime in the future! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. They look really small for my hands I think the smallest knife I could edc would be the dragonfly anything smaller and I wouldn't be able to use it.

    ReplyDelete