Thursday, October 6, 2016

My Sharpening Setup


I sold all my sharpening stuff a while ago. I just now got around to picking up some stones. When I did have a sharpening setup, I freehand sharpened my knives with the Spyderco Sharpmaker. I really like the versatility of the Sharpmaker stones, because you can sharpen on the points or the flats of the stones. I thought it'd be a good idea to simply buy two of the Sharpmaker stones to use as my main sharpening stone setup. That's what I did, and it's working out quite well. As of now, I only have the medium and fine stones. I might pick up an ultrafine stone eventually, but those two are doing fine for now. It cost me about $20 for the two stones, which I think is a pretty fair price. It is really easy to hold one end of the stone in your hand and freehand sharpen your knives. I'll probably make a video of this setup sometime soon. I really like how simple and inexpensive it is. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Nice way of sharpening I also just use ceramic rods for quick touch ups since I'm not hacking into wood I don't really need to take out much material.

    ReplyDelete