Thursday, December 22, 2016

Beginnings Of My Car Emergency Bag

I recently decided that I wanted to put together an emergency bag for my car. I'd like to be more prepared, and I figured building an emergency bag would be a step in the right direction. I'm trying to build this bag using pieces of gear that are relatively inexpensive. Here's some of the things I've picked up so far.


The pouch on the left is the Vanquest FTIM Husky. I'm going to use this to hold all the smaller pieces of gear. I also picked up a pretty basic first aid kit on Amazon. It's not anything to crazy, but it does have lots of band aids and other basic stuff. I got a cheap blanket to wrap stuff up in, to keep warm, etc. 


These are some of the smaller things I've picked up so far. I got a headlamp for hands-free lighting. I really like the concept and can't believe I didn't pick one up sooner. I also got 100 feet of paracord for tying stuff together. The knife I decided to pick up for this kit is the Mora Companion. It was around $10, can take a lot of beating, and will be pretty strong since it's a fixed blade. I also got a whistle.

That's everything I've picked up so far. I'm hoping to slowly add more and more stuff to the kit as time goes on. I'll post updates as the bag gets closer to being finished. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment