Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Recommended Gear of 2016

I've tried a lot of gear over the course of 2016, especially in the last few months. I'd like this post to highlight all the best gear I've tried this year.


Some of my favorite knives have been the Spyderco Ladybug, Victorinox Classic, CRKT Jettison, Kershaw Launch 4, Kershaw Cinder, and the Mora Eldris. All of them are pretty small and relatively inexpensive. The Ladybug would have to be my favorite all around knife this year, while the CRKT Jettison would have to be my favorite new knife.

I've also tried a lot of flashlights over the course of this year. I'm still trying to find the perfect light for my EDC. Some of my favorite lights this year are the Nitecore Tube, Thrunite T01, Olight i3e, and FourSevens Preon 1. They all have pretty similar outputs for the most part. I like the Preon for it's color and sleekness. The Thrunite and Olight are cool for simple, cheap lights. The Tube is awesome for a keychain rechargeable light. 

Lastly, some of my random gear favorites would have to be the Case Logic camera pouch and the Pilot Metropolitan. Since my pockets are non-existent, I've always struggled to find a way to carry my gear in one place. I had tried various pouches with no luck. I finally saw someone use a camera pouch for EDC and decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did. This little pouch is awesome. It was like $5 and holds everything I need it to. I highly recommend getting a pouch like this to keep all your smaller gear in one place. This year I decided to give fountain pens a try. The first one I picked up was Pilot Metropolitan, and I'd have to say it's my favorite. It writes like a charm, comes in tons of different colors, and is less than $15. It's the best fountain pen I've tried for sure.

Those are all the pieces of gear that I'd recommend this year. I'm also posting a video about them that goes a little more in-depth on each piece of gear. What are some of the best pieces of gear you've tried this year? Thank you all for watching! Have a happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment