Monday, March 11, 2019

Bestech Reticulan First Impressions!

I recently joined a group that Blade Banter is an admin for which is meant to pass around knives that were provided by manufacturers for review. There's at least 20 channels involved and knives from all sorts of different companies. It should be a nice way for me to check out knives that I normally wouldn't try, like this Bestech Reticulan. I've got it for the next week or so and am excited to see how it carries. In the little bit that I've had, I'm very impressed!


I first saw it on Birdshot IV's channel and instantly liked it just because of the size. The design wasn't something I liked at first, but it's grown on me quite a bit. It's got a 2" blade which is honestly the size range I enjoy to carry/use the most. I'd consider it more of a tiny knife that wouldn't work well for those with bigger hands. I was surprised that I can fit a full four-finger grip on it comfortably. The price ($111 on Blade HQ) is what kept me away from picking one up, though after getting it in the hand, I may have to pick one up soon. The materials (S35VN and titanium handles) and quality make it seem well worth the price.

By far the best part about it is the action. It's one of the best flippers I've tried and goes to show that tiny flippers can be done well.  I've mentioned it before, but I'd love to see more flippers in this size range on the market. I haven't had many bad flips, and it takes little to no effort on the flipper tab to get the blade out quickly. I should have my video and more in-depth post on it coming soon. I'm expecting them to be very positive! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment