Monday, March 25, 2019

Went Shooting For The First Time!

I was on spring break a couple of weeks ago and had the chance to go to a shooting range for the first time! If anyone's in the northern Virginia or Maryland areas, definitely check out The Machine Gun Nest! The staff was very friendly/helpful, and the range is nicely maintained. I had never shot a gun before so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I ended up having a really fun time!


I knew I wanted to shoot some sort of 9mm handgun since that's what I'm planning on buying within the next year or so. I handled a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield, H&K VP9, and Glock 43. I ended up going with the Shield because it felt the best in my hand. The other two felt more blocky and uncomfortable in my hands. It shot pretty well/accurately with only one jam in the 50 rounds that I shot. There wasn't as much recoil as I expected either which pleasantly surprised me.

I could definitely see myself picking up the Shield as my first gun! I had a positive experience with it and have heard nothing but good things about it. It seems like a great option for me plus it's very affordable. I think that's basically it for this quick post. I just wanted to do a brief reflection on my first time going to the range. I didn't get any videos/photos but I may try to get some the next time I go. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment