Saturday, March 9, 2019

My Thoughts On CRKT's New Knives For 2019

I enjoyed doing a post talking about Kershaw's new knives for 2019 and figured I'd do the same for CRKT. Here's a link to all of their new designs if you haven't seen them already. I apologize for the crappy screenshots. I was extremely disappointed with Kershaw's new offerings though I'd have to say CRKT's lineup is worse. 


I can see these larger flipper Pilars being very popular. Most complaints I've heard about the Pilar are about the size so I'm not surprised CRKT is making a bigger version. The addition of the flipper is interesting and probably will be a better way to open the knife over the thumb hole. I wouldn't pick one up but it's neat to see CRKT doing more variations of it I suppose.


Speaking of making a larger version of an already popular knife, this new Jumbones is a 4.8" version of the Crossbones. I can't imagine why there was a need for such a bigger version but what do I know.


Other than the Pilars and Jumbones, I don't see many other intriguing new designs. CRKT is expanding the Field Strip lineup with the Slacker above, the Prequel, and Monashee. Sure it's a cool idea yet being able to take my knife apart easily in the field is not a necessity. I'm disappointed there's not a single new colorful knife. All of the new knives fit into the boring sea of black and gray knives already out there. I probably won't be picking any up. After talking about Spyderco, Kershaw, and CRKT's new knives, I'm the most excited for Spyderco's which surprised me considering I've lost interest in them over the past couple years. The Para 3 LW is going to be a huge hit, and I'm sure they have other cool knives up their sleeves for the rest of the year. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment