Saturday, March 30, 2019

What I Watched: March 2019

I was on spring break this month and finally finished studying for another career related exam, so I had a lot of free time to start some new TV shows.

In my what I watched update for February, I mentioned I had started the first episode of The Punisher season 2 and wasn't excited for the rest of the season. It was a slow start but wow did the remainder of the season greatly improve. I still liked the first season more, yet this was a great conclusion to the series. I blew through it in a few days since I was so hooked. I also finished Captain Underpants season 2 which is pretty bad. I grew up on Captain Underpants as a kid and was intrigued when they made the show last year. I hated the first season, and this one was just as bad. I mostly used it as background noise when I was working on blog posts. The episodes are short which is mostly why I watched it. Plus, I'm just one of those people that has to continue shows if I start them, even if they absolutely suck. I also finally got around to finishing season 2 of Iron Fist. This show got a lot of hate when it came out for good reason, yet it wasn't as bad as you'd expect. I liked this season more than the first since it had some awesome new characters. If you've read some of my reading update posts, then you'll know I love true crime. I watched a lot of different crime shows this month, like Dirty Money season 1, The People V. OJ Simpson season 1, Evil Genius season 1 and Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes season 1. Dirty Money was the only one that dragged at times since each episode focused on a different scandal, like Volkswagen's emission scandal, Trump's bankruptcies/bad businesses, and my favorite being one about this pharmaceutical company Valeant that raised their prices to ridiculous levels. The People V. OJ Simpson was cool to watch since I knew some of the details around the case but not much about how the trial went down. They managed to get a lot of big name actors too like John Travolta, David Schwimmer, and Sarah Paulson. The show about Ted Bundy was very interesting too and used actual conversations that journalists had with him. He was such a messed up dude. I recommend mostly everything I watched this month besides Captain Underpants.

While most of the TV shows I watched were awesome, there were few movies I watched that were as impressive. The most surprising and a new favorite for me is Game Night. I was just browsing my library when it caught my eye, and I'm so happy I checked it out. It revolves around this group of friends that love to play various games together when one night it gets taken way too far. There were lots of twist that I didn't see coming. I highly recommend it! I also recently saw Kingsman: The Golden Circle though I found it to be a huge letdown. I loved the first one, but this second one had bad special effects and was kind of boring. I continued on with the Fast and Furious movies by watching 2 Fast 2 Furious and The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift. I'm not the biggest fan of them, but I think I liked Tokyo Drift the most so far. The other movies I saw that I didn't really enjoy were Coraline, 42, Thor Ragnarok, Christopher Robin, and Kevin Hart Black History. They had bits and pieces I enjoyed yet were kind of long and boring as a whole.

I've basically finished the movies on my Netflix watch list, so I'll probably just focus on TV shows in April. I just started the first season of You and am excited to see the direction it goes. I finished the book this month too, and I'm interested to see how closely the show sticks to it. I'd also like to finish season 2 of Luke Cage and start The Umbrella Academy. That's about it for this post. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment