Thursday, March 14, 2019

Getting Outdoors: Hammocking + Testing The Jetboil Flash!

After a particularly brutal winter, it's finally starting to get warm again! This past weekend I got to enjoy some almost 70 degree weather at a local park. I found a good spot to set up my hammock and did some reading. I just started I'll Be Gone In The Dark by Michelle McNamara which is a true crime about the Golden State Killer. I'm enjoying it a lot so far! It feels more relevant than some of the other true crime I've read since they caught the killer just last year.


I've been looking more into camping/backpacking stuff recently and was intrigued by the Jetboil Flash as a fast and easy to use stove. I wasn't planning on picking one up for a while but found them for a good deal online. I finally got around to testing it for the first time and was very impressed. It boiled my water in no more than 3 minutes which was extremely impressive. There was quite a bit of wind, yet it didn't seem to affect the stove all that much. It's obviously not the cheapest or most compact stove option, but I love the convenience of having a completely self-contained system. I might try to do a more in-depth post once I've used it some more. So far, I'm very happy with it.


This was also my first time trying any of Mountain House's meals. I chose Chicken & Dumplings and really enjoyed it! It tasted like something you would actually cook yourself. It was easy to make, as all you have to do is add boiling water and let it sit for a little while. I'm looking forward to trying more of their meals! All around, this was an awesome way to spend an afternoon. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment