Friday, June 23, 2017

Klean Kanteen Classic Bottle Review

I had never tried a metal water bottle before, so I wasn't sure what to expect with this one. I definitely think I prefer drinking out of a metal bottle than a plastic one. It just feels so much smoother and cool. I picked up this Klean Kanteen before I went off to college, and it has served me quite well. It's so close to being perfect, but it has one fatal flaw that makes me prefer a different bottle of mine. I do recommend it if you're looking for a quality metal bottle. 


The quality of this bottle is super solid. I've had no issues with mine whatsoever. The cap screws on nicely, and there is no leaking at all. I've got both the standard loop cap and a sport cap. I do prefer the loop cap you seen in the photo above. I like the sport cap when I'm doing athletic things, but that's about it. I've found that with sport caps that have exposed nozzles, they'll hit everything and anything and pick up dirt and other nasty stuff quite easily. I'd prefer having the surface I'm drinking from covered by a cap at all times to limit some of the nasty junk that could on there. The sport cap is nice though. It doesn't leak either, and the water flows out quite nicely.

The design of this bottle is very simple. I like that it's tall and slim, instead of short and stout like Nalgene's bottles. It holds 27 ounces, which I've found is a good number for daily usage. The capacity isn't so little that you have to refill it all the time. The paint has held up pretty well considering it rams into everything. I've got a few scratches and dings in the bottle, but nothing that impacts how much water it can hold. All the scratches and dings look kind of cool and add a bit of character. I love how many colors Klean Kanteen offers these in. Of course I had to get mine in purple! The one fatal flaw when it comes to the design is the mouth. It's a narrower mouth than something like the Nalgene wide mouth bottles, but not as narrow as Nalgene's narrow mouth. I do find myself occasionally dumping water all over myself when I try to drink from it. The mouth is just slightly too wide for my tastes. I dig that this bottle is made of stainless steel. I definitely prefer the feel of this in the hand over a plastic bottle.

I've got a couple more random tidbits before I close this review out. This particular version of this bottle is not insulated. I've never tried any metal, insulated bottles, so I'm perfectly fine with this version. I've heard wonders about insulated bottles though, so I might upgrade in the near future. This bottle is interesting, because with the material, the metal will obviously get pretty hot if your drink is hot and the opposite if it's cold. This sucks when you've got a hot drink, since it pretty much burns your hand, but feels amazing when your drink is cold. This bottle does sweat a fair bit if you put ice in the bottle. That's too be expected though, as the ice has to melt at some point. These run for around or less than $20 on Amazon depending on what color and cap option you get. You can also get Klean Kanteens in a number of sizes if you want a bigger or smaller bottle.

This bottle isn't anything fancy, but it works great for me. Like I said, I do wish the mouth was a little more narrow. Other than that, I've got no major issues with this bottle. I really like Klean Kanteen as a company, so I'll probably purchase more of their products in the future. I'd say this is my second favorite water bottle, right behind the Nalgene narrow mouth. Definitely give them a look if you're looking for a high quality, stainless steel water bottle. I've been loving mine. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment