Monday, June 19, 2017

Storacell Battery Caddy Review

If I wanted to carry some extra batteries as part of my EDC, I'd normally just throw them in a Ziploc bag. That's a pretty bad way to carry batteries, so I had always been on the hunt for a better solution. I wanted something more organized that I could throw in a pouch as part of my EDC bag. I heard about these battery caddy things, so I figured I'd give them a try. I'd definitely recommend them if you want to be able to keep a few batteries with you.


This probably won't be a long review, since there's really not much to these. I've got a 6 AAA caddy and a 4 double AA caddy. I like that I have more storage for AAA batteries, because that's a common battery for all my EDC items. These are just made of plastic, but they are super high quality. With the plastic being pretty thick, I don't think they'd easily break on you. 

It's easy to get the batteries in and out of the caddies, but not too easy that they fall out all the time. There's a little tab that holds the batteries in place. When you want to get one out, you just push the tiny tab aside and you're good to go. The batteries are not stored in them super snugly either, which helps them slide out smoother. 

Price wise, these will run you about $6 to $7 a pop on Amazon. You can find them cheaper on other sites if you shop around though. That price seems pretty high, but considering they'll last you forever, that's a good deal. I'm sure there are cheaper, knock-off ones out there on the internet somewhere. I also love that they come in tons of different color options. My AAA one is glow-in-the-dark, and it actually glows pretty brightly. They've got tons of bright colors, like orange, yellow, green, etc. You can get them in various sizes and for different batteries as well. If you don't use AAA or AA batteries, they've got CR123 caddies as well. Surprisingly, they've even got one for 9V batteries.

I definitely wouldn't buy these for my entire battery storage. The perfect use for them is to store some spare batteries as part of your EDC. I enjoy having them, as they make my bag a little more organized. I don't have to worry about my batteries rolling all over the place. I say give them a look if you want some more organization. It's nice to have the ability to carry around some extra batteries easily. Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment