Saturday, June 17, 2017

Nalgene Narrow Mouth Bottle Review

I never thought the day would come where I review a water bottle. Honestly though, they've become a huge part of my carry since I started college, so I figured they're worth me talking about. I still don't think I've found the perfect bottle yet, but this Nalgene narrow mouth is pretty close.


I had stayed away from Nalgene as a brand, because I thought they only had wide mouth bottles. Wide mouth bottles are an absolute pain to drink out of. It wasn't until before I left for college that I figured out Nalgene sold a narrow mouth bottle. I'm not sure why I thought they wouldn't have one. They've got a wide range of products, so it only made sense they'd have different versions of their bottles. Anyways once I discovered that, I immediately ordered this narrow mouth one, and I've been loving it ever since.

Nalgene makes a super sturdy and durable product. The "plastic" (not sure what the material is exactly) that this is made out of is super thick. This makes it heavier than most bottles, but I'll take the extra heft for a more durable product. I've dropped this from at least 6 feet onto a tile floor, and it was perfectly fine. The bottle does get scratched easily, but I think that adds character. It's also got the measurement marks on the side, so you can see more exact measurements of how much water you're drinking. It's a standard 32 oz. bottle, which I've found is great for EDC. Most other bottles are around 25 oz. or so, so I like the extra capacity that this bottle has. This bottle does obviously get somewhat heavy when completely full, but I'll take that so I don't have to fill it up as often.

The cap screws on and off, which I really like. I've never had any issues with leaking. I like that the mouth is always covered by the cap, so it won't pick up any extra dirt or bacteria if you were to drop it. The narrow mouth is great! I never have spilled any water all over me like I have with their wide mouth one. You can get a splash guard for the wide mouth bottles, but I'd rather have a narrower mouth to begin with.

These are also super affordable. You can pick these up for around $10 on Amazon. Considering it will last you forever, that's a great deal. I absolutely love that Nalgene puts these out in so many different colors. They've pretty much got one in every color of the rainbow. 

All in all, this is definitely my favorite quality water bottle of the few I've got. It has served me extremely well so far, and I know it will last for a whole lot longer. My only real complaint is that it's not insulated. It keeps my water cold for a little bit, but not nearly as long as a real insulated bottle does. If I had never tried insulated bottles before, I don't think I mind, since I wouldn't know what I'm missing out on. This bottle does sweat a lot when your ice is melting, which is something insulated bottles don't do as much. Other than the whole insulated thing, this probably is as good a bottle as I'm going to get. It holds all the water I need while having a better mouth than most of the bottles I own. If you for some reason have never tried a Nalgene before, then go pick one up! They hold up to a lot of abuse and are just plain awesome. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment