Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Gear I'd Like To Try Soon List #1

When I enter a new school year, I typically can't carry any of my gear. This year is extremely different than the past 10+ years of my schooling, because I finally don't really have any restrictions on what I can carry. Sure I can't carry certain things, like a 15" blade, but at least I can have something. Luckily, everything I carry is small anyways, so I don't ever have to worry about keeping my EDC to certain restrictions. Anyways, with all that said, now I don't think I'll lose interest in EDC since I can carry my gear all the time. That's given me more motivation to try different gear, because I know that it'll get carried. In the past, I may have carried my gear for 2 days of the whole week. It's kind of a waste to buy tons of gear if you're only going to carry it for way less than half of each week. I'm on the hunt for perfect gear for my EDC now. Here's a short list of some stuff I'd like to try in the near future. I'm hoping some of these things could potentially be part of my "perfect EDC."

Nitecore Tip
Nitecore Thumb

These Nitecores appeal to me, because I love the Tube I have, and both of these are just better versions of the Tube.

CRKT Folts Minimalist
SOG Snarl

Both these blades seem interesting, because I feel like I've never given neck knives/small fixed blades a chance in my carry. I've heard good things about both, so I figured I'd start with them.

That's all I've got on my list to try at the moment. I'd like to do some more research on the gear that's out there, so the list will probably grow. I'm hoping to try this stuff out after I review all the new stuff I've gotten recently. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. You may not want the sog snail it's just like my brous blades silent solider I find using it for cutting tasks is uncomfortable you may want to look for a more traditional handle shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton for the heads up! That's why I do posts like these. I like to hear from people that have used this stuff or something similar before I buy anything. I'll be sure to check out something else instead. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. No problem maybe you should look into Raidops knives they are really nice you are getting cpms 30v steel at a good price

    http://www.tacticalelements.com/
    http://archangelcustomsbymichael.mysimplestore.com/
    https://www.lamnia.com/en/sc/5/knives-and-folding-knives/knives
    Or just go to their website I'm friends with one of the guys that work there if you want help understand how they ship into the U.S. just let me know and I can send you his email address

    ReplyDelete