Saturday, September 10, 2016

New Gear Purchases Part 3

I've finally received all the gear I ordered, so here is the last part of this little mini series I've been doing. To end it all off, I've got two pieces of gear to show you. Those two pieces of gear are the Kershaw Half Ton and the Kershaw Cinder.


The Half Ton is a pretty old knife and not talked about too much anymore. I've always wanted to try one out, so I figured I might as well just go for it given the low price. It seems pretty neat. I need to loosen the pivot before I can carry it though. I'll try to talk more about this blade when I get around to carrying it. I do really like the color of the scales. I don't believe I've ever had any red knives.

I'm actually very excited to carry the Cinder. After taking it out of its clamshell packaging, I was immediately impressed. It is definitely a lot smaller than I expected. It's very comparable in overall length to the Spyderco Ladybug, but the blade is a lot shorter. I love knives in this tiny size range, so I'm thinking it will get a lot of carry. I really like the design, and the ergonomics are surprisingly great considering the size.  It's a really solid knife so far. I think this will be one that you'll hear a lot about. It's pretty new, and for the price, less than $10, it's a great buy.

On a side note, I just realized a lot of the new knives I got are from Kershaw. I'm not typically a fan of them as a company, because I've found that the quality of their blades is not always the best. I guess I wanted to give them another shot, so I picked up a few of their smaller blades. I'm hoping those three blades will change my mind about Kershaw as a company. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment