Tuesday, September 13, 2016

My Gear Storage At College

As I've been getting new pieces of gear recently, I realized I didn't have a good way to store all the gear I wasn't carrying. All the gear I originally brought with me easily fit in my little EDC pouch. I just threw the pouch in my backpack and didn't have to worry about any additional storage. Unfortunately, in my huge amounts of free time at college so far, I've managed to spend some money on new gear. I wanted to find an easy and cheap way to store my gear in my dorm room, since I have my Pelican 1120 sitting at home. I bought some plastic containers to store my food and discovered they are the perfect size to store all my tiny gear. I apologize if any of the following pictures kind of suck. Here's what I'm currently working with as far as storage goes.




As you can hopefully tell, the plastic container holds all my extra gear with no issues whatsoever. My actual EDC stays in the black pouch and all the rest goes into the container. I really like this setup. If you have some extra Tupperware type containers lying around, I definitely suggest you try to use them as gear storage. The plastic is nice, because you can easily see what exactly you have in the container without having to necessarily open it. I think I paid like $2 or $3 for 5 of these small plastic containers. It's a great and cheap way to store your gear for sure. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Nice way of storing gear I use a similar way but I use small plastic drawers. You can usually find them at target for about 5 dollars if you want too try them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I' have a set of those drawers at home, but they didn't work that well for storing my gear.

    ReplyDelete