Sunday, August 7, 2016

Do I Really Hate Big Knives???

So I recently posted a video about a new knife I got, the Spyderco Paramilitary 2. After looking at the comments on that video, I need to clear the air a bit. There are a few comments regarding surprise that I picked up a big knife, considering I generally say I hate them. I suppose I misspoke and was a bit too general when I said I hated big knives. I've had extensive time with maybe one or two larger knives. At the moment, I own one large knife, and that's the Spyderco Endura. I'm looking to sell the Endura for reasons including how big it is. However, after comparing it the Paramilitary, I've noticed there are other reasons why I don't like it. Maybe I'll get into those reasons later, but for now, just know it's not solely because of the size. I think big knives are extremely useful. Knowing that I've only tried a handful of big knives, it's hard to say I hate them completely. I'm a firm believer in the fact that one thing, whether that's a knife or anything really, is not representative of an entire group of things. With that being said, my dislike toward the Endura is not reflective of big knives as a whole. Half of the fun in this hobby is trying out new knives, even ones that you think you won't like. Will I refuse to buy bigger knives simply because I'm not a fan of the Endura? No, that'd be insanely close-minded. I'll continue to try out knives of all different sizes. That's what makes this hobby really fun. Anyways, that's about it on this topic. Just keep in mind, that it's only natural for people's opinions to change. I'll keep you all updated on how I like the Para 2. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment