Thursday, January 12, 2017

New Knives: Spyderco Cricket and Spin

I'm a sucker for good deals. This ends up being pretty bad for my wallet but fun for me personally. I saw these two Spydercos were $50 each on Amazon, so I decided to pick them up. I've always wanted to try out a Cricket ever since I got into knives. The Spin was more of a why not purchase. I never really considered trying it out, but I love my small knives. I especially love that blue Nishijin handle.


So far, I definitely like the Cricket a lot more. The ergos are great. The blade shape is wicked cool. I've really got no complaints about it so far. I'm surprised it's in such good shape, because this was an Amazon Warehouse deal that was supposed to have lots of cosmetic wear. It has no scratches whatsoever. If you ever see one of those deals, definitely go through with it. The Spin's ergos are pretty terrible. I always hate two finger knives. Since my hands are smaller, my fingers don't really fit in the grooves that well. I'll see how it goes when I carry both, but for now, the Cricket seems like it will be the winner between the two. Stay tuned for more posts on these blades! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment