Monday, July 13, 2015

My First Knife

I got my first knife a couple years ago. I was probably like 12 years old at the time. I had always wanted a knife ever since I had seen my Dad's Swiss Army knife. I really wanted a purple Swiss Army knife and had been searching on Amazon for one. He came home from work one day and told me to hold out my hand. I figured it would be some kind of joke, but I opened my hand to something cold and heavy. It turns out he was able to get a promotional knife from his company. It wasn't anything fancy by any means, but I absolutely loved it. I used it a ton and completely scratched up the blade when I attempted to sharpen it. It's just a Chinese Swiss Army knockoff, yet it started my whole love for knives. Shortly after getting it, I decided to go on YouTube and search for purple knives. I found a video about a purple Delica and then a cutlerylover EDC video. After seeing that EDC video, I was hooked. I got my first real knife, the Spyderco Ladybug, and began to think about what I wanted in my EDC. I thought it'd be cool to make my own knife videos, so I started that up a few years ago. Now I have a really good EDC system and am very happy to have discovered this hobby. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment