Friday, July 31, 2015

New Gear July 2015

I'd like to start doing these monthly wrap-ups where I talk about all the new gear I've received that month. I won't film unboxings like I used to, so this seems like a good way to show everything I've gotten. Here is everything I've gotten in the month of July.

As you can see in the photo, I got 4 things: a knife, pen, pry tool, and storage box. 

The Pelican 1120 is the storage box I got. I never really got the hype behind these Pelican cases before, but I am most definitely happy I picked this one up. I've shown it in a few videos and on here, so check those out if you want to see how I'm using it. It holds all my gear and keeps it all safe and protected. These Pelican cases are super strong and durable, so you know they'll last forever.

The knife I got is the Zero Tolerance 0566. One of my good friends got me this as a birthday present, and I couldn't be happier. It's had some work done to it, like the edge has been touched up and a green G10 Allen Putman scale was put on it. I like it a lot, which really surprised me. I'm normally not a fan of any of these big blades, but this one kinda makes me want to get a couple more bigger ones. I deassisted it, and the action is great now. Love this blade for sure! Expect a review on it before the end of the summer.

The pen is a Hinder Investigator Pen and is also from my friend as a gift. I've wanted one of these for so long after I was given a chance to try one. It's a great pen for sure. I still need to go pick up some o-rings to put in the grooves. It writes well and is pretty compact for what it is. I'm also hoping to get a review of it up by the end of the summer.

Lastly, I picked up an EOS Ti Shark pry tool. It was on sale during Shark Week, and I'm not one to pass up a good deal. Shipping took forever, but I'm happy I've finally got it in my hands. It feels pretty solid and looks extremely cool too. I don't know if I'll end up carrying it much, but we'll see as time goes on.

That's everything I've picked up this month. I was supposed to get one more thing in, but shipping got messed so that will probably be in the August post.  These posts will be a good way to remind myself how long I've had certain pieces of gear too. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment