Thursday, June 2, 2016

Gear Rotation June 2016

I'm finally getting back into EDC and carrying all my gear again. Now that today is my last day of high school, I can start carrying whatever I want.  I like to rotate my gear as it allows me to get use out of all my stuff. I don't like gear sitting around, so having this rotation will hopefully prevent me from doing that. Without further ado, here's my rotation for the month of June.


I picked three multi-tools to rotate. I chose the Wenger EvoGrip, Leatherman Squirt P4, and the Victorinox Classic. I haven't gotten to carry the Wenger all that much, so I'd like to give it some pocket time to see how it performs. The P4 will be carried when I think I may need pliers. The Classic will just depend on the day. I like to have scissors on me, but if I don't have it, it's not too big of any issue.

I also picked three knives to rotate. I chose the Cold Steel Mini Tuff Lite, Spyderco Ladybug, and the CRKT Jettison. As of lately, I haven't been carrying the Mini Tuff Lite all that much. I'd like that to change throughout June, because it's a really sweet knife. I'll clip the Mini Tuff Lite in the waistband, which may leave me some pocket space if I also want to carry either the Ladybug or Jettison. I definitely don't need 2 knives on me, but I like the Ladybug/Jettison too much to not carry them. I'll have to see how I'll handle rotating between those two blades. Maybe I'll just end up carrying both the Ladybug/Jettison. Again, they're so similar it wouldn't really be necessary. However, it's not like they'd be weighing down my pockets all that much. I just love them too much to have to pick between them. We'll see what ends up happening.

As far as a pen and flashlight go, I'll just be sticking with the Fisher Bullet Space pen and Fenix E05. I don't really have any other small options, so these will have to do for now. These two would be the first to go if I didn't want to carry all that much. Some days I may only carry a multi-tool and knife, but it really will just depend.

These will be all my options for the month. I'll have to see what combinations become my favorites. There's a lot of great gear here, and I think I'll have a lot of trouble picking between them all. I may post some pocket dumps of my favorite combos as the month goes on. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment