Friday, June 3, 2016

The Start of a Compact First Aid Kit

I originally bought this Pelican 1010 case last summer to use for a survival kit. I never ended up getting all the gear for that, so it sat unused for a while. I was debating selling it, but then I realized that was too much of a hassle. I did some thinking and decided to turn it in to a small first aid kit. I'll be doing a lot of hiking over the next few months. I thought something like this kit would be good to throw in my bag in case something were to happen. This post will go through the contents as of now. I definitely think it's got a long way to go, but hey, at least it's better than nothing. 




So the contents are pretty basic so far. I have 2 little 2" x 2" gauze pads, a bunch of various band-aids, some alcohol prep pads, antibiotic ointment, a couple sheets of paper, a razor, and a set of tweezers. Like I said, there's no real trauma type stuff, but it'd be good for minor cuts/scrapes. I need to add some medical tape, medicine for headaches, etc. If you've got any other suggestions, feel free to let me know. I'll continue to post updates as I get this thing better equipped. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment