Sunday, June 12, 2016

How I Think College Will Change My EDC

I'll be headed off to college in a little over two months. It will be the first time in my life where I'll be able to carry essentially whatever I want on a daily basis. During high school, there's obviously a no knife policy. I can carry whatever I choose during the summer, but it's not really the same as carrying stuff throughout the year. At college though, there's only restrictions on the size of the blade. I expect my carry to change drastically once I get settled into the college life. Obviously, I have not stepped foot on my campus yet. These will be my predictions of what I expect my EDC to look like in college. I will make sure I do an actual update post about whether my predictions were right or not.

I think my carry will revolve around a lot of small gear. That's currently what I'm carrying, so I expect that to stay the same. With all the new people I'll be surrounded by, small gear just makes the most sense to carry. I don't want to freak anyone out or make people think I'm some kind of weirdo.

I expect my carry to be more focused on defense type options. I've heard a lot of horror stories about what happens to girls on college campuses. To feel safer, I think I'll be carrying pepper spray at the very least. I need to do some more research on what other options I have, but pepper spray is a must.

I predict I'll be carrying all my gear in my backpack and not on my person. The clothing I wear isn't the best suited to carry my gear. The pockets are extremely small or non-existent. I'd still obviously need to carry my gear somehow, so my backpack makes the most sense. The one I bought has a lot of different pockets and levels of organization, It will be interesting to see how I make it work.

The last prediction is that my EDC will be a little more extensive. Since I'll have my backpack with me the majority of the time, I can really load it up with everything I may need. I'll definitely be adding things that I couldn't carry before, like a first aid kit, full-sized multi-tool/flashlight, etc.

So these are all my predictions for how my EDC will change in college. Who knows if they'll be accurate or not. I'm not sure how long it will take me to put up the update post, but at the latest, it will be up once I finish the school year. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment