Thursday, June 9, 2016

Replaced My Broken Victorinox Scissor Spring


A couple of months ago, the spring on my Victorinox Classic scissors snapped. Honestly, I never knew that they didn’t last forever. I guess after being compressed for such a long time, the spring weakened and was bound to eventually snap. I've had this thing for years, so I guess it lasted way longer than you'd expect. You could still use the scissors without the spring if you absolutely had to, but obviously they really do need the spring to cut anything decently. I finally managed to pick up the replacement springs off Amazon.

I wanted to do this post to write my experience of replacing the spring. I had done research on it and heard that some people had a lot of trouble with it. This made me a little nervous, but no need to fear, I thought the process was really simple. Most of you guys probably knew this was easy. It took me all of like 5 minutes. I yanked out the spring piece that was still on the Classic with my handy Leatherman Squirt P4. That was honestly the most complex part for me. I was afraid I was going to break something, so I was being really careful. I then realized it didn't really matter. I gave that spring one solid tug with the pliers, and out it came. Putting in the spring was so easy. You just have to line the circular part up to the hole and squeeze with the pliers. And boom, it's fixed. This probably wasn't a very good explanation, but it seriously wasn't hard. I hope this post was more entertaining than informative. If you need to know how to do it, Google will be your best friend. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment