Wednesday, June 22, 2016

My Experience With Fountain Pens Thus Far

Fountain pens are a whole new writing experience. I always held off on getting one, because I thought they'd just write the same as any other pen I tried. There's definitely a noticeable difference when using them. I've only tried two so far, but I hope to eventually pick up a couple more in the future. I'm also still somewhat new to the whole fountain pen thing, considering I've only been using them since mid-January.

The thing I like most about writing with fountain pens is how smooth they write. The ink flows so nicely with very little pressure from your hand. With ballpoint pens, I always have to press really hard to make them write decently. I can't really describe the whole fountain pen experience. It's just something that is very pleasurable and fun. I wholeheartedly suggest that everyone purchases at least one fountain pen in their life.

My favorite fountain pen I've tried is also my only one at the moment, the Pilot Metropolitan. The Metropolitan is awesome because of the price, only $15, and the wide variety of colors it comes in. I'm going to try to get a review post up on mine sometime in the next few weeks if you're curious about it. The Kaweco Skyline Sport I also tried was absolute garbage. Definitely do your research if you're interested in picking up a fountain pen.

The world of fountain pens has taught me how important it is to have nice writing supplies. Paper and pens are things you should not skimp on in life. As a student, I'm always writing essays, doing homework, etc. My nice pens make doing these tasks much more bearable. It's a shame everything around us is quickly become digital. I for one will always prefer handwritten things over typed or digital ones. Maybe I'm just old school though. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment