Monday, June 13, 2016

Kaweco Skyline Sport Sucks!

A while ago, I decided to pick up my first fountain pens. There were two that I was deciding between, the Pilot Metropolitan and the Kaweco Skyline Sport. They both came in purple, so it was hard for me to pick just one. I ended up purchasing both, considering they weren't that expensive. As of today, I only have the Pilot Metropolitan. From the get go, I always had issues with the Kaweco and promptly got my money back for the terrible pen that it is.

So why exactly was the Kaweco so bad? Well, let me tell you. This pen would not perform its one and only task. That's right. It was incapable of writing. I tried a number of different fixes, but ultimately, none of them fixed all the issues the pen had. I got a replacement one to see if I had a lemon, but nope that one sucked too. Both pens skipped all the time. Whenever I would try to write with them, they wouldn't even write at first. I'd have to keep scribbling on the page until ink would come out. At first, I figured it was something I was doing wrong. My Pilot had none of these issues, and that's when I realized the Kaweco was just garbage.

I did some research on the internet to see if anyone else had issues with the Skyline Sport. It turns out that tons of people had similar issues with theirs. Of course there were people that swear by these pens. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but getting two pens with the exact same issues doesn't seem like a mere coincidence. Kaweco needs to fix this problem. It shouldn't be that hit or miss. If I remember correctly, the issues I had revolved around the way they made the nib. This seems like it'd be a relatively easy thing for them to fix. It doesn't really matter to me anymore though. Kaweco will never be getting my business again. If you want a good beginner fountain pen, get the Metropolitan instead. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment