Saturday, June 25, 2016

My Thoughts On Folders vs. Fixed Blades for EDC

I get a lot of questions from people about why I never carry a fixed blade for EDC. I've found that for my needs, I don't need anything more than a folder. If I did more extreme tasks or bushcraft stuff, a fixed blade might be beneficial to me. I also never carry a fixed blade, because of the fact that they aren't very easy to carry. They're not as portable as my tiny folders. I don't have any sort of belt that I wear, so belt carry isn't an option for me. I'm not really a fan of having bulky things around my neck either. Plus there's also the fact that there aren't many affordable and small fixed blades on the market. There are things like the CRKT Folts Minimalist, but that looks slightly too big for my needs. Ideally, I'd eventually like to find some sort of fixed blade that is similar in size to the Ladybug. I don't think that will ever happen, but a girl can dream right?

I do currently own one fixed blade, the Esee Izula, and I absolutely love it. Since the Izula is pretty much a perfect fixed blade, I've never seen the need to get a different one. I don't get much use out of it anyways, so I don't need a massive collection of them sitting around and collecting dust.

Sorry for this sort of weird post. As you can tell by the time I'm posting it, I'm doing it super last minute compared to when I normally get them up. Putting up a post every day has gotten a little hard for me to handle. I'm going to try to finish the rest of the month and take a little break from posting in July. Thanks for looking! I hope you've been enjoying all these new posts throughout June.

No comments:

Post a Comment