Friday, June 10, 2016

I Love My Tiny Gear!


Being a girl, I don't have big pockets or large hands. This has led me to discover that tiny gear is my favorite gear to use and own. It's much better suited to my needs, but also is really cute looking, which makes for a cool collection. I'm not sure what specific size range I'd consider tiny gear to be. I think anything smaller than a Victorinox Cadet is pretty darn tiny. Then again a Cadet isn't really tiny, but more so small. I definitely think there's a distinct difference between small and tiny. Anyways, I'll figure that out later. Back to why I love tiny gear.

I've found that tiny gear is more likely to come in different colors. As you can tell, most of the gear in the picture is pretty colorful. I think the color thing is helped by the fact that most of this gear is inexpensive. This allows people to buy the whole color range of a certain product line, which means more money for the company. The Victorinox Alox line and Ladybug come to mind. People nowadays have huge collections of the Alox Cadets in all the colors of the rainbow. With materials like plastic being primarily used, it's easy to have different colors offered. With G10, that's a lot harder to do, since most of you dudes just like your black G10 knives. I also think the color thing is so that women will be more likely to carry them. If a husband was to give his wife a small EDC kit, I bet she'd be more likely to carry something colorful over a blacked out kit. I know that'd be the case for me. 

Going forward, I'm going to stick to only buying tiny gear. In the past, I've bought gear that doesn't necessarily fit this size range, and I never end up carrying it. I might as well just stick to what I know and love. Tiny gear has a lot of benefits over larger gear. People don't generally freak out when they see a Victorinox Classic or Spyderco Ladybug. If I pulled out an Endura, that scenario would be a whole lot different. I think it's a lot of fun to try out different gear, but honestly, the tiny gear is where it's at. I've noticed an increase in people carrying tiny gear, which makes me really happy. It used to be really unappreciated in terms of how many people actually carried small stuff. I hope I'm able to bring attention to some awesome tiny gear on this blog and on YouTube. That's the direction I'll be headed, so I hope you all enjoy it! There's a lot more I could say about tiny gear. Maybe I'll put up a video on it sometime soon. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment