Thursday, June 23, 2016

Gear Wishlist Update June 2016

I'm kind of struggling to think of something to post about today, so I wanted to talk about some of the gear I am interested in at the moment. I need to make some upgrades before I head off to college. Over the course of the summer, I hope to pick up a majority of what I need. Once I sell off some of my gear, I can start purchasing some of these upgrades.

The first item I'd like to pick up is the Olight S10R Baton II. I've heard nothing but good things about this light. The max output of this light is 500 lumens, which will make it the brightest light I'll own. I hope to use it for EDC tasks and for hiking. I'm also trying to make my flashlight collection completely rechargeable. That's why I'd rather get this light over Olight's other popular light, the S1.

Another thing I need to pick up is some sharpening gear. I don't have any at the moment, but I think I'll just get some of the Spyderco Sharpmaker stones. I used to use them to freehand sharpen, and they worked out really well. I'm not looking to drop a ton of money on sharpening stuff, so I think those stones will fit the bill perfectly.

One of the last major upgrades I'd like to make is to pick up a full-sized multi-tool. I've owned a couple, but I've always sold them in the end. I'm leaning towards something like the Leatherman Wingman or Sidekick. Both are affordable which is exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm also really digging the the Spyderco Native 5 in FRN at the moment. I don't think I'd ever pick it up though. It's pretty pricey, and I don't think I'd use it much. I pretty much only carry my small knives these days. It would be nice to have a mid-sized folder, so we'll have to see if I change my mind.

That's about all I'd like to try right now. There's a few other things, but those are just things I'd like to try out for fun, not to keep. Once I eventually pick up these items, I'll be sure to make some sort of video or blog post on them. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment